This funeral package includes the following:
- Arrangement Tuesday to Thursday during office hours by phone, email or at our office.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care within 70km of our Highgate Aftercare Centre.
- Respectful preparation and placing of deceased in a cotton garment.
- Simple direct disposal capsule suitable for cremation.
- If required, identification at our After Care Centre Highgate, Medina or Mandurah facilities for up to 15 minutes and no more than 3 people. (Identification time is at our discretion)
- Cremation – including Cremation Permit and Cremation Fee. (Cremation booking time is at our discretion)
- Registration of death and certified copy of Death Certificate.
- Medical Papers from Medical Practitioner.
Optional Costs Provided by Bowra & O'Dea
- Cremation Urn Price on application
- Incomplete Certified Copy of Death Certificate $53 GST exempt
Not Included or Permitted
- Arrangement at client's residence.
- Funeral Notice.
- Embalming or dressing Deceased in own clothing.
- Please be aware, you are not able to add, or pay for yourself additional items including.
- Funeral Service, e.g.: no clergy, no celebrant, no music and no DVD/AV presentations.
- Extension of ID time (no more than 15 minutes and 3 people).
- Funeral Director not permitted to collect Ashes from Cemetery.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment in full must be made within 72 hours from signing the contract.
- Failure to pay on time will result in automatic termination of contract.
- The Client must provide information requested in a timely manner.
- No Alterations to package (including see item 14 above).
- Prepaid Funeral option available. Administration fee $352 and Cemetery surcharge $309 applies.
Frequently asked questions
How much does a cremation cost?
Cremation costs are charged by the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB). Based on the MCB’s facilities and services price list 2021- 2022, a cremation costs $1,200. You are also required to pay for a cremation permit which is $73 to complete the cremation.
Please contact the MCB for additional details regarding their pricing on 1300 793 109.
To see what options we have available for cremation services, visit Our Services and Costs page. The cremation fee is included in our total service price for Essential and Direct Services.
What happens at a cremation service?
A cremation service is an alternative to a burial service. It is similar to a funeral service where loved ones will gather at the funeral directors chapel or at the cemeteries chapel to hold a service to farewell their loved one. Once the service is concluded the coffin is committed (visually out of sight), the coffin then goes to the crematorium where the cremation takes place. The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board owns and operates the latest and most energy efficient cremation equipment available.
The cremation process remains the same no matter which Bowra & O’Dea service option you choose, premium, essential or direct cremation, the main difference is our service fees all vary in what they include.
Please see Our Services and Costs page to view what our cremation service options include.
Education & Links
Links to Support Groups
- R U OK
- Bereavement Care Centre
- Beyond Blue
- Cancer Foundation WA
- CentreCare Loss and Grief Services
- Childhood Grief
- Compassionate Friends of WA
- Dougy Centre (Grieving children and families)
- Impressionable Kids
- LifeLine WA
- Murdoch Community Hospice Counseling Service
- Palliative Care WA
- People Living With Aids in WA
- Reachout (Adolescent support)
- Red Nose Grief and Loss
- The Samaritans – Shadow of suicide WA
- WA Suicide Prevention Network
- WA Mental Health Commission – Information about suicide
- Links to Government Departments
- Links to Church Groups
- General Information